Page Tabs

August 07, 2010

And now it's August

So, July totally got away from me. Maybe it was because I was chasing a baby around all day, every day. Yes, Sawyer started crawling just before he turned 6 months. He loves playing on the floor even more now, (which is awesome because he'll play longer in the morning and therefore take a later, longer nap...sometimes right where he's been playing!) and he's even pulling himself up to stand next to the ottomans and couch and chairs. I love watching him find a part on a toy that's not intended to be played with (like the wheels underneath the rolling alphabet pal caterpillar, or the tags on soft things), because it's like he's trying to figure out what it does. It's just neat. He's also loving his Johnny Jump-up...it's so funny watching him in that thing. We have no doorframes downstairs except for the doors to outside, closet doors, and a bathroom door. So we've been using the large closet doorway. We've also mastered the high chair. I still need to make or find some pads for it though. His exersaucer is still being used from time to time, and he jumps like a fool in there, but his new thing is to crawl underneath it and hang out in there. It's like his little club house - so cute. He was going under there to dirty his diaper for a day or two but he quit that.



At his 6 month appointment (which was actually 3 weeks after he turned 6 months) he was 29.5 inches long and weighed 21 lbs 10 oz. The first thing everyone says when they see him is that he's just fat, he's chubby, or that his legs are huge. Awesome. I think it's from all the jumping - ha! The doctor didn't think he was "fat" but that he's "solid"...right.
Anyway, our days have consisted of babyproofing the house because he is attracted to wires, shoes, remote controls, hard surfaces, and reflective surfaces. We lowered the mattress in his crib (thank you, Billy!) he's pulling himself up now, and it's a good thing because that's how he is almost every time he wakes up, standing against the side...whining. We also went ahead and put the headrest on top of his carseat. He's getting really good at riding/falling asleep in the car again - thank goodness!!! AND the last two nights he's slept through the night.
OH! He also has his two lower teeth. They are completely in, but no other ones have shown any bumps or anything. OH, AND!!! He's also started to kinda wave!! It's so cute!! His fingers go in and out like into a fist and then out, oh my gosh. He won't do it every time we try, but he at least grasps the concept. He's babbling a lot more, too...I don't know how I forgot all of this in my earlier paragraphs and all of his fun new things he's doing! He says DADADADADADADA all the time and he makes kissie noises and just bursts out into AAAAAAHHH every now and then, but it's not a cry, he just yells and then laughs at himself. Sometimes he'll compete with me, like he'll say dadadadada and then I'll say it and then he'll say it, then I'll say it louder, then he'll say it louder...oh man that can go on forever. I'm not going to go on forever, though. I'll stop now. Hope everyone enjoyed their summer (cause it's over!!! hahaha...Even though it doesn't feel like it!)

No comments: