Page Tabs

January 14, 2010

Sawyer's Here!

So we almost made it to the due date! He was born on January 12 at 9:52am after only about 5 hours of "work". I was so fortunate to have a friend as my nurse! Thank you, Nicki!!! She was awesome and made us feel so comfortable and at ease in what very well could have been the hardest thing I have ever done.
Sawyer was 8lb 12oz and 21in long! My doctor even said he was surprised at how big he was, (he was the biggest one in the nursery! yay!) and all the nurses in the nursery just loved him; it was awesome. He was lifting his head up the first hour or so after he was born and I thought that was a little odd, but a very good sign. He's just a big solid baby and I am so excited about watching him grow up! Pat just laid on the floor and stared at him for over an hour today while he slept in his carseat and I took a nap. He's so cute. They both are!
I think he looks like my baby pictures except for his mouth, which looks like Pat. Thank goodness, because I love Pat's smile!
He's currently driving the dogs all crazy every time he moves or makes a peep, so I'm going to go relieve Amanda of her auntly duties. Here are some pictures!

3 comments:

Jude and Ashley said...

Congratulations again Carolyn! He is such a beautiful baby!

The Tinoco's said...

Congrats to you both! I feel like I can't say it enough but he is absolutely beautiful, YOU look absolutely beautiful and Pat looks like he's in awe of his little guy. I love it! Hugs to you all!

Betsy said...

Wow! He is beautiful! I love how much of each of you is so evident in his face. What a gorgeous family you have!